GENERAL_HOSPITAL_-_02212018_399.jpg
GENERAL_HOSPITAL_-_02212018_387.jpg
GENERAL_HOSPITAL_-_02212018_386.jpg
GENERAL_HOSPITAL_-_02212018_385.jpg
GENERAL_HOSPITAL_-_02212018_384.jpg
GENERAL_HOSPITAL_-_02212018_383.jpg
GENERAL_HOSPITAL_-_02212018_382.jpg

Okay so is anyone going to mention the thing…. Ya know the pink elephant in the room? I think you know what I’m talking about. The, the, the thing. The thing that was happening today…. On the show…… Ya know, playing pool and the thing…… I know I said I wouldn’t mention the thing again, but that thing has to be mentioned. The thing that is glaring and so… um … well, glaring. That thing that I discussed in a commentary in a previous post. The one where I said that bringing back the subject of this website as anyone else other than the previous character she played was wrong. Come on, you know I said it. Do I need to point it out? So if you’re wondering what the blazes I’m talking about I’ll put one of those linkie things here THE THING I SAID I WOULDN’T MENTION BUT HAVE TO. And don’t tell me they, those people who are in control of this show didn’t know what they were doing. Let’s discuss shall we ……

12 Responses to “Tamara – 01/19/2018 “General Hospital” Media”
  1. CeRon says:

Dianne, don’t apologize, I totally get it! Tamara is Carly through and through, and though immensely talented, it’s like Carly went to medical school at this point. Kim story is soooo boring, omg! I’m so disappointed. The only good thing I could think of overall, is that they have done chem test with Kim/Jason, Kim/Julian, and Kim/Drew. So it’s cool she’s connected all over the canvas right now.

However, you’re so right, if the writers are going to cop out and redo “Carly” scenes with Tamara as Kim, then just make her Carly.

• tamara braun online says:

CeRon:

That scene of her standing there by the pooltable all I could see was Carly. Woudln’t that be great if Carly had followed her mother into the healthcare profession? This is exactly what Tamara would have wanted for Carly. Back when she made her decision to leave in 2005, one of the things she wanted was for Carly to become a single mother and have a career. Unlike where Wright seems to find her comfort zone in ridiculous stuff like Metro Court, Tamara wanted Carly to become something more. Whenever I watch all I can see is her as Carly. A professional woman with a rewarding career. And I agree this storyline with Kim is boring. And like you I’m so over the return. The only thing they could do to make me actually watch the show instead of PVRing and then skipping through all the crap with Ava, Alexis, Sam and the like, is to return Tamara to the part of Carly. Kick Wright out and make the break. But then we Tamara fans always knew she had chemistry with everyone. She’s a chem-magnet, and we always knew that.

And so agree on the repetition. We who have watched all this time know what they were doing and I think it’s a huge disservice to not only the fans, but also in bringing Tamara back for this but not have it be what we want it to be.

Thanks again CR.

2. Cindy says:

Leave Tamara out this gossip she dint like it we get it but she is ok as Kim stop dragging her name on Twitter she hates the type of publicity Laura is never leaving the role of Carly she can’t act so she stuck in GH let Tamara Braun shine as kim maybe Laura gets mad and leave with Tamara being better than her..

• tamara braun online says:

Cindy:

What gossip? I’m allowed to speak my mind. It was a mistake for DAYS OF OUR LIVES to bring her back as Taylor instead of Ava and it’s just as much a mistake for Frank Valentini to think we won’t notice what he’s trying to do. What type of “publicity” are you talking about? I’m talking about the very same stupidity as everyone is about Genie Francis’ firing. I’m talking about how stupid it is to bring Tamara back as Kim, that she may be doing a “ok” job as, but everyone knows what’s going on. It’s not “ok”. There’s nothing “ok” about this. When Tamara says she “loved Carly with my whole heart” that means something. That means she loved playing her and that her fans loved her playing Carly. This is about that pink elephant in the room. It’s about Frank Valentini getting the picture that what he’s done is wrong. Valentini should have cut his losses with Wright and let her go and with the return of Steve Burton, brought Tamara back as Carly. Instead he is playing this game and those of us who understand it, know what’s going on. I for one don’t like it as much as I don’t like what’s being done with Genie Francis.

3. Cindy says:

I love Tamara but u people are going to start making her life miserable just enjoy her acting she is good and pray fake Carly leaves with her boyfriend we got kelly and billy and now Laura and her boyfriend wtf is this the sims…I get what u are saying is true but I don’t think Tamara will agree having her name in tags and drags in this mess

• tamara braun online says:

Cindy:

How are “us people” making her life miserable? As a fan of hers and as the webmaster of this site I have a platform due to the amount of emails I’ve been getting from her fans who believe this is wrong. Any of her fans who said to her, “We don’t care who you play we just want you back….” Aren’t her fans. They are those who “just want her on my screen”. She worked her ass off to bring Carly to that place she did in 2005 when she left. While it was her decision to leave, she did so with a heavy heart. That you call Laura Wright “Fake Carly” is telling. And I have no idea what you mean by “sims”. And Tamara would appreciate I’m speaking my mind. I have not tagged her in any of the Tweets I’ve made. And I have done only the same as those who are making Frank Valentini aware of his mistake at letting Genie Francis go. I’m making him aware of the mistake of bringing Tamara back and thinking we won’t know what he’s trying to do. Those fans who have written me emails believe this was wrong to not send Laura Wright packing and to bring Tamara back as Carly. I believe it is wrong and I’m allowed to tag whoever I want in order to make my message seen. No different than those who have made their voices heard about what has been done to Genie. Sometimes I think people don’t realize that without Tamara, Carly would have been a dead character. She was the one who brought Carly to adulthood and with Wright “playing her Carly closer to the original” she showed great disrespect for what Tamara did with the character, now she’s kissing Tamara’s ass. This is wrong. But I’m not “dragging” Tamara’s name into this mess. I”m pointing out to Frank Valentini how wrong he was to bring her back as anyone else other than Carly. And I’m so sick of soaps bringing back actors who were known for playing other well-known characters as other well-known characters (Josh Taylor DOOL) or casting them in other parts like Sarah Brown as Claudia Zacchara simply because they don’t want to rock the boat with the current portrayer of the character. Like you said, Laura Wright cannot act. She has a cush gig on GENERAL HOSPITAL and she knows it. Vanlentini should be honest and realize people are tired of the switcheroos with characters a la the One Life To Live three and stop this nonsense. The show is a joke and I’m not laughing. In fact I’m dead serious about how I feel. The only mess that’s been created was done so by Frank Valentini. You need to take your grievances to him, not to me. I’m allowed to speak my mind. And I will as long as this continues.

4. Cindy says:

Tamara Braun is a big girl she was ask before And said no .she likes the role ok kim maybe she is tired of Carly maybe she don’t want to play Carly I look and I see Kim because Tamara is so good she can play anything .. about Laura Wright she is the worst you can’t compare her to Sarah or Tamara she is horrible as Carly but she likes to kiss ass with the producers. Reason they have her hubby in the show too. Yes it would have being nice Tamara return as Carly but Laura is no going anywhere we are stuck with the bitch I never watch her scences I skip I love the fans are loving Tamara just so Laura knows how horrible she is. Tamara has chemistry with everybody something Laura don’t have. Even with Maurice ..I’m loving Kim and Jason so far. But yes I hope Laura Carly (gets a pink slip and leaves in the other hand Genie Francis is always being abused is no the first time they don’t like her they don’t respect the fact the this women is GH reason tony Geary wave goodbye he knew how bad this new producer is is no like the old times when I used to watch Luke and Laura and Gloria Monty put General hospital in the map in the covers of magazines and prime time ….now is all about fake Carly .sonny Sam and Jason .and horrible eva. and otherCast gets 5 minutes

• tamara braun online says:

Cindy:

Tamara wasn’t really given the choice between playing this character no one really cares about, given the various message boards and comment sections I visit daily. However, people want Laura Wright gone and Tamara restored as Carly. The great thing about his site and my collecting the stuff I do to post to it is the articles and interviews I read on her she has nothing but love for Carly. Hence this statement, “I got to play Carly for four years and loved her with all my heart, so I asked my friend who loves soaps for her thoughts on actors returning as different characters,” Braun shares. “She said, ‘If they’ve become a character I love,then I just want to see them — regardless of who they play. You fall in love with the actor.’ And I’ve been getting [on-line] comments from fans saying, ‘Come back as anything!’ So I thought, ‘What the heck? Let’s see how this goes!’” People just wanted her back as “someone” not the character she helped save. Just like what is happening with Genie and the pressure fans are putting on ABC and Frank Valentini for their rash decision with firing her, I’m putting trying to do something to try to end this nonsense that is Kim Nero. They’re not fooling anyone particularly with that pool scene. Like I said, my comments and Tweets are based on the comments I’ve been reading over the various message boards I visit. Now Tamara is back and given that scene with Jason (Steve) people are starting to see what is missing. The only ones who don’t care are those who like the shit Laura Wright is doing. Believe me, it’s a minority.

Both Genie and Tamara have a lot in common. Both were abused by GH, which is why Tamara left in 2005. She’d likely still be Carly if not for that abuse. I too welcome Laura Wright’s demise on this show. Valentini needs to know he can’t hire his favourites and do things like this Kim crap and get away with it. That’s why I’m tagging him, not Tamara. I’m hastagging her only to draw her fans to the tweets I make. There are a lot of her fans who know me and like I said, who have written to me and have voiced the same as you have.

The reason Tony Geary left isn’t because they disrespected him, it’s because of his own hubris and ego. He clearly didn’t care for the legacy of Laura & Luke and therefore got his wishes and rode off into purgatory with Tracy/Jane Elliot. He wanted to leave so he could go and live his life on what Genie bought him in Amsterdam. It wasn’t how bad Valentini was. Valentini and Carlavati gave him the storyline he wanted and the send off he wanted. He didn’t complain one iota. So by getting rid of “fake” Carly hopefully we might get something of a renaissance back to this show….. But that won’t come with Tamara continuing as Kim. It’ll happen with her retaking the role of Carly when Laura Wright is canned. That’s what I’m trying to do. Get Valentini to understand no one wants Kim, they want Tamara back as Carly.

5. Cin says:

But are we supposed to hate Kim. People love kim .ok is true I understand all I can’t stand Laura as Carly but I feel our hands are tight I no longer have Twitter I can’t stand the way she acts I don’t know if she fuck valentine excuse my French. But all this fans they are newbies thinking she is the best Carly. Sarah brown made Carly look what happen to her …Tamara Braun save Carly … I wish they fire her reason I don’t have twitter I bash Laura and I was report it. I could no stand some fans saying to me I dint appreciate talent and accusing me of starting a war of ex-Carly’s reason I wrote to u no to take so u won’t get in trouble like what happen to me. Thank you for what you are doing

• tamara braun online says:

Cindy:

Trouble is people don’t like Kim. They think she’s a wasted character. And with that scene with Jason (Steve Burton) at The Floating Rib with the pool table, more and more are wanting her back as Carly. They kept saying that scene reminded them of Original Carly and how she and Jason hooked up. No need to check language here. I don’t moderate that. I swear too. Most of the fans are newbies who have only ever known Wright. But with Tamara back on the show, I’ve noticed an increase in the amount of views on the gallery of her GH days from 2001-2002. Unfortunately I still haven’t edited 2003-2005 and I’m way behind on that, but for the most part a lot of those caps are getting a lot of attention. That means something. It means people are finding the site and looking at Tamara’s Carly. This is the reason I’m speaking up. As for anything those fans have to say to me, bring it on. I’ve got a strong skin Cindy. I’m not afraid to rock that boat. It was wrong to bring Tamara back as anyone else but Carly. Putting her in scenes with Steve in situations that recall Carly’s past has backfired. I could care less about what those people think. I’ve been running this site since 2006. I’m a Tamara Braun fan and know what was done to her in terms of the powers that be wanting to get rid of her so they could bring in Wright who would play the version of Carly they wanted her to play. That’s why Jennifer Bransford was treated so abysmally. And I’ll stand up for her any day with how she was treated. But don’t worry about me Cindy. I know what I’m doing and I know how to to do it. That’s the reason for these posts I’ve been making about the obvious thing in the room. Thank you for wanting to “protect” me, but like I said, I know what I’m doing and why.

Take care.

6. Cin says:

Ok I’m with you hope they listen. Look what they did to Francis … I hate Laura Wright portrayal of Carly is the worst I grew up watching GH since the days of Luke abd Laura ..the show now is all about ships and teenagers is the show if Sam sonny Carly and Jason Notice how Monaco is behaving she don’t want to work with Steve …she has a personal relationship with billy ..they got rid of Francis,Rebecca to bring boyfriends Tamara is good so good at playing any character she also has this gift of having chemistry with most of the male cast .laura doesn’t even have chemistry with Maurice.or Steve .. yes I’m for one wanted to see Tamara as Carly ,,but she said Kim is different because she is no replacing anybody. So far fans love kim but I think is That love they have for Tamara and how good of a actress she is .i bet Laura don’t want to be upstage by Tamara. Lol my sister in law said fuck Laura. Make Kim famous I bet ,Laura resigns she said is like Quaterback coming in from the bench to replace the star Quaterback abd then the star Quaterback loses his job Well let’s hope Kim becomes more popular than Laura. And she cant take it and leave.. she needs to get fire from her role of Carly …thanks gain

• tamara braun online says:

Cindy:

I’d agree with you on Laura Wright “leaving” in lieu of Tamara’s “Kim” becoming more “famous”, but that’s never going to happen. Wright knows what a cush gig she has. She knows this is likely the only game she’ll ever have due to her lack of training and lack of talent. She’s a former model who lucked in at getting her first job as Allie on “Loving” and “The City”, ironically with Ted King who played Danny. She got lucky when both those shows were cancelled and she got that job as Cassie Laine Winslow on “Guiding Light” then proceeded to wreck havoc with the established fandoms on that show. I posted a post from someone from the now defunct IMDB boards of how that person believed that Laura Wright wrecked that show because of her lack of talent and her “princess” attitude. Everyone had to bow to Princess Cassie, despite her lack of talent. She lasted eight years on that show and knowing that the show wasn’t going to last much longer, jumped ship to GENERAL HOSPITAL. She plays the character according to how the then powers that be wanted Carly to be played, They were stymied by Tamara’s ability to be able to play the subtext in the scenes. Those ineffable parts those with talent can do in terms of presenting what isn’t on the page. Tamara was able to do that. That is why they had to grow Carly. That was the reason they couldn’t write her Carly as base-level as they have Wright’s. Tamara strove for a higher reason. Wright loves playing trailer-park-trash. And she does it well. That they hired Wright’s boytoy makes me sick in advance of firing the face of GH. Everyone knows Genie Francis, they don’t know whatshisname.

I agree with your sister. Fuck Laura Wright. But I still want Tamara as Carly. As for Steve, I’ve not heard anything of Kelly not wanting to act with him, though considering the relationship with Billy would make sense. But that’s not quite the same as hiring Wright’s boyfriend…in the parking lot no less.

I’ll have more to say in my next post I’m currently working on.

Take care.